ONLYOFFICE Plugins and Macrosv7.1
ONLYOFFICE Docs and Desktop Editors offer support for plugins allowing developers to add specific features to the editors that are not directly related to the OOXML format.
This documentation describes:
- How to build, localize, run, test and publish a plugin
- How to write and run a macro
or convert VBA macros to use in ONLYOFFICE
- How to use ONLYOFFICE methods and events
- Where to find guides and plugin/macro code samples to get started
What plugins can do
Here are some examples of what you can do with ONLYOFFICE plugins:
- connect third-party services, like Telegram, YouTube,
Thesaurus, Translator, Zotero,
- add custom components & controls in the UI, like Trackchanges, Trackchanges_off;
- enhance the existing user experience and the editors’ functionality: Autocomplete,
Search & Replace, Move cursor,
- automate tasks in documents with Macros.
Code samples are available at https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/sdkjs-plugins.
If you are looking for ready-to-use plugins, please visit ONLYOFFICE App Directory.
How to create plugins
To create your own plugin, you need to follow a few steps:
- Learn the fundamental concepts for building plugins on the Getting started with plugins page
and write code that defines the plugin appearance and behavior.
- After building the plugin, test it thoroughly and make sure the plugin looks and works as you expected.
Try to anticipate the problems that might occur and suggest your solutions to them.
- Now you can use the plugin on your own or suggest it for publishing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get help
If you have any questions about plugins, try to find them in the FAQ section first.
You can request a feature or report a bug by posting an issue on GitHub.
You can also ask our developers on ONLYOFFICE forum (registration required).